Undergraduate Membership is open to anyone studying for a first degree in a subject related to the molecular biosciences and to school students (aged 18 years or older) with an interest in continuing onto a molecular bioscience degree course. The Society welcomes members from all over the world. You can join at any time of the year.
Note: Please be aware that during the application process you are required to upload a scan or clear photograph of your student ID or a letter on headed paper from your supervisor or Head of Department confirming your enrolment at your place of study.
Undergraduate Membership offers you:
- Significantly discounted registration fees for Biochemical Society events
- Bursaries to attend Biochemical Society events of up to £300
- Discounted registration fees for Biochemical Society and Royal Society of Biology training workshops and courses
- Priority access to Summer Vacation Studentships
- Grants for student societies
- Access to careers information including a copy of the Next Steps careers booklet and Biochemists in Industry booklet
- Opportunities to feed into the Society’s policy activities through our Policy Network
- Opportunities to volunteer at public engagement and careers events
- Personal online access to Biochemical Journaland Biochemical Society Transactions
- Automatic membership of The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) and access to FEBS Fellowships
- Monthly Student Members’ News email
- Invitations to member receptions and networking events
Questions? Contact the Membership Team