Young Scientist Forum and 45th FEBS Congress
The Biochemical Society has occasional funding opportunities to
Applications for international sponsored places for 2021 are now closed.
The Biochemical Society is sponsoring the registration costs of two of our outstanding Postgraduate or Early Career members to attend both the Young Scientists’ Forum from 30 June – 3 July 2021 and the 45 FEBS Congress from 3 – 8 July 2021.
The FEBS Congress and Young Scientists Forum gives you the opportunity to make connections with European colleagues and discuss your work with an international audience. More information about the 45 FEBS Congress can be read and more details regarding the 20 FEBS Young Scientists’ Forum can be seen here.
Please note that the YSF and FEBS Congress are both being held virtually this year.
The grant provides two Biochemical Society members with:
- Registration for both the 45th FEBS Congress and the Young Scientists’ ForuM
- Some meals and excursions
- Up to £450 for travel costs
The theme for the Congress this year is “Molecules of Life: Towards New Horizons”.
The following criteria are required in order to be eligible for a sponsored place:
- Applicant must be a current Postgraduate member of the Biochemical Society or an Early Career member of the Biochemical Society within the first five years of completing their PhD
- Applicant must submit a supporting letter from their supervisor
- Applicant must provide a single abstract that will be submitted to the 20th YSF and 45th FEBS Congress if their application is successful. Both events should be attended.
- Successful applicants must submit a report and photographs of the Congress to the Biochemical Society no later than 30 days after returning from the Congress
Please note that applying for an International Sponsored Place will not affect your eligibility to apply for a General Travel Grant within the same calendar year.