Postgraduate Membership is open to anyone who has gained their first degree and is studying for a postgraduate qualification (PhD or MSc) in the molecular biosciences. The Society welcomes members from all over the world and from all fields and professions associated with molecular bioscience. You can join at any time of the year.
Upon graduation, members should renew in the Early Career Member category.
Note: Please be aware that during the application process you are required to upload a scan or clear photograph of your student ID or a letter on headed paper from your supervisor or Head of Department confirming your enrolment at your place of study.
Postgraduate Membership offers you:
- Significantly discounted registration fees for Biochemical Society events
- Bursaries to attend Biochemical Society events of up to £300
- Discounted registration fees for Biochemical Society and Royal Society of Biology training workshops and courses
- Access to a range of grants to support your research and travel as well as sponsorship of events
- Up to £750 to help with the costs of attending a conference, training course or lab visit in the UK or internationally
- Automatic membership of The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) and access to FEBS Fellowships
- Opportunity to propose a Young Life Scientist conference
- Personal online access to Biochemical Journaland Biochemical Society Transactions
- Access to careers information
- Opportunities to feed into the Society’s policy activities through our Policy Network
- Opportunities to volunteer at public engagement and careers events
- Monthly Members’ News email
- Invitations to member receptions and networking events, as well as opportunities to apply for Biochemical Society priority places at external policy events, such as Sense About Science: Voice of the Future
- Get involved and become a Student Ambassador
Questions? Contact the Membership Team