For those that have obtained a postgraduate qualification more than 10 years ago. The Society welcomes members from all over the world and from all fields and professions associated with molecular bioscience. You can join at any time of the year.
If you graduated less than 10 years ago, you qualify for Early Career Membership
Note: Please be aware that during the application process you are required to upload a PDF scan of a letter on headed paper from your organization/institution confirming your employment, or provide a link to a webpage showing your staff status.
Full Membership offers you:
- Access to a range of grants to support your research and travel as well as sponsorship of events
- Grants of up to £750 to help with the costs of attending a conference, training course or lab visit in the UK or internationally
- Up to £1,500 available for members organizing a seminar series in your institution
- Up to £100 discount on registration fees at Biochemical Society events
- Bursaries to attend Biochemical Society events of up to £300
- Discounted registration fees for Biochemical Society and Royal Society of Biology training workshops and courses
- Opportunities to submit proposals for Biochemical Society events
- Opportunities to feed into the Society’s policy activities through our Policy Network
- Opportunities to volunteer at public engagement and careers events
- Grants of up to £500 to support a one off meeting or event
- Savings of up to £250 on Gold Open Access article publishing fees for Biochemical Journal, Clinical Science, Biochemical Society Transactions, Bioscience Reports and Essays in Biochemistry and savings of up to £375 on Gold Open Access article publishing fees for Neuronal Signaling and Emerging Topics in Life Sciences.
- Personal online access to Biochemical Journal and Biochemical Society Transactions
- Automatic membership of The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) and access to FEBS Fellowships
- Monthly Members’ News email
- Invitations to member receptions and networking events
- Opportunities to apply for a Summer Vacation Studentships grant on behalf of students
- 50% discount on first two years membership subscription of the Royal Society of Biology
Questions? Contact the Membership Team