Early Career Membership brings all the benefits of Full Membership at a significantly reduced cost. Applicants are entitled to Early Career Membership for 10 years from the date of gaining a postgraduate qualification in the life sciences.
The Society welcomes members from all over the world, from all fields and professions associated with molecular bioscience. You can join at any time of the year.
Note: Please be aware that during the application process you are required to upload a PDF scan of a letter on headed paper from your organization/institution confirming your employment, or provide a link to a webpage
Early Career Membership offers you:
- Membership card
- Access to a range of grants to support your research and travel as well as sponsorship of events
- Up to £750 General Travel Grant to help with the costs of attending a scientific conference, training course or to visit other laboratories
- Bursaries to attend Biochemical Society scientific meetings, training events and online courses of up to £300
- Grants of up to £500 to support a one-off meeting or event
- Up to £1,500 available for members organizing a seminar series at your institution
- Opportunities to apply for Summer Vacation Studentships grant on behalf of students
- Attendance Support Grants to help members who need additional support (e.g. with caring responsibilities, a carer/companion to support attendance or requirements to support a disability) to attend Biochemical Society scientific meetings, training events and courses
- Discounted registration fees for Biochemical Society events
- Discounted registration fees for Biochemical Society and Royal Society of Biology training courses
- Access to free courses and events at selected times
- Apply to become a Local or Industry Ambassador at your institution or organization
- Opportunities to submit proposals for Biochemical Society events
- Automatic membership of the Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) and access to FEBS Fellowships
- Monthly Early Career Members’ News email bulletin
- Invitations to member receptions
- 50% discount on first two years’ membership subscription of the Royal Society of Biology
- Personal online access to the Biochemical Journal and Biochemical Society Transactions
- Savings of up to £250 on Gold Open Access article publishing fees for Biochemical Journal, Clinical Science, Biochemical Society Transactions, Bioscience Reports and Essays in Biochemistry and savings of up to £375 on Gold Open Access article publishing fees for Neuronal Signaling and Emerging Topics in Life Sciences.