Associate Membership is open to people with a background in molecular bioscience now working in related professions. These may include science teaching, science management/administration, science editing/writing, scientific sales, scientific outreach and other similar careers. Scientists taking a break from their career may also join in this category. The Society welcomes members from all over the world. You can join at any time of the year.
Associate Membership offers you:
- Up to £100 discount on registration fees at Biochemical Society events
- Opportunities to submit proposals for Biochemical Society events
- Access to Stay Connected Bursaries to help members on a career break (e.g. parental leave, caring responsibilities, illness, unemployment or a desire to change career paths) attend Biochemical Society events
- Access to careers information
- Opportunities to feed into the Society’s policy activities through our Policy Network and to apply for Biochemical Society priority places at external policy events
- Opportunities to volunteer at public engagement and careers events
- Personal online access to Biochemical Journal and Biochemical Society Transactions
- Automatic membership of The Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) and access to FEBS Fellowships
- Monthly Members’ News email
- Invitations to member receptions and networking events
- 50% discount on first two years membership subscription of the Royal Society of Biology
- Note: Associate Members are NOT eligible to apply for any Society grants, with the exception of the Stay Connected bursaries.
Questions? Contact the Membership Team