The Biochemical Society exists to promote excellence in research and education in the field of molecular bioscience and wider life sciences. The benefits of membership provide support and information for you during your career in the science community. You can join at any time of the year and at any stage of your career.
New and existing members receive 5% discount on membership fees when paying by Direct Debit.
Membership can offer you:
- Access to a range of grants and bursaries to support your research and travel as well as sponsorship of events
- Up to £100 discount on registration fees at Biochemical Society conferences and events
- Automatic membership of the Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) and access to FEBS Fellowships
- Personal online access to the Biochemical Journal and Biochemical Society Transactions
- Monthly Members’ News email
- Invitations to member receptions and networking events
- Up to 50% discount on first two years membership subscription of the Royal Society of Biology
Low income country discount
Applicants residing in a low-middle-income developing country (as classified by the World Bank) are entitled to a *50% discount on their Biochemical Society Membership fee. See discount table below
*Prices will be rounded up to the nearest pound/dollar/Euro
|Category||Current fee||Low income
|Full Membership||£82/ US$139 /€107||£41/ US$68 /€52|
|Early Career Membership||£45/ US$77 /€59||£23/ US$39 /€30|
|Associate Membership||£21/ US$34 /€26||£10/ US$17 /€13|
|Postgraduate Membership||£25/ US$43 /€33||£13/ US$22 /€17|
|Undergraduate Membership||£15/ US$26 /€20||£8/ US$13 /€10|
Terms of Service
As detailed in the Society’s Articles of Association, no Member is entitled to any refund of subscription or membership fee on their ceasing to be a Member for any reason. In the event of an underpayment or overpayment for the membership fee, the full amount will be refunded and the applicant or member will be asked to pay the correct membership fee.