Keep up-to-date with the latest scientific developments with our Attendance Support Grants.
Attendance Support Grants cover the cost of registration to Society Scientific Meetings, Training Events and Courses. Applicants can also apply for support towards accommodation, travel and/or care provision. Any member can apply who requires additional support to attend a Biochemical Society event, are currently on a career break or have recently returned to work. Additional support can include, but is not limited to, caring responsibilities, a carer/companion to support attendance or requirements to support a disability.
Our Attendance Support Grants recognize that science moves at a rapid pace, and keeping up with the latest developments is pivotal to a scientific career. These grants make it easier for members to remain engaged with the science community.
You will be required to give a full breakdown of costs. Please note that limited funds are available per event and whilst the Society will endeavour to support successful applicants to the amount required, the Society may not be able to provide full support for your attendance.
Applications can be made at any time; however applications must be received by the event’s early registration deadline.
1. Applicants must be a member of the Biochemical Society by the event early registration deadline. If you are not a member, join today. Scientists on a career break are eligible to join as an Associate Member.
2. Applications for this grant must be received by the event early registration deadline.
3. Applicants must complete a personal statement highlighting the relevance of attending the event.
4. Applicants must provide either a) details of any career break taken and include the reason for this (a career break is considered as any period of time where the nominee is out of work, for reasons including, but not limited to, redundancy, maternity/paternity or adoption leave, extended leave to perform a carer role, and/or as a consequence of relocation) and the length of the break or b) your additional support requirements which can include, but are not limited to, caring responsibilities, a carer/companion to support your attendance or requirements to support a disability.
5. There are no set criteria (such as a minimum career break length) and decisions to award grants are at the discretion of the Society.
6. Attendance Support Grants are only available for a Biochemical Society Scientific Meeting, Training Event or Course. See our upcoming events.
For further information please contact the Grants department >