This award was new for 2018 and will be awarded annually. The recipient of this award should be employed in Higher Education and should demonstrate some or all of the following criteria:
- Individual excellence – develops and employs innovative and effective approaches to teaching and assessment in biochemistry which successfully promote student learning and achievement
- Commitment to own continuing professional development – Undertakes professional development activities that actively influence and enhance the teaching and learning of biochemistry
- Commitment to students and colleagues – Inspires students and colleagues to excel; shows awareness of the different needs of students and can demonstrate success in widening participation; provides evidence of supporting teaching and learning beyond their own department and Institution; supports and guides students’ career choices and goals; champions the importance of excellence in biochemistry teaching.
The winner of this award is given:
- The opportunity to speak at a Society event with an educational or training focus
- £2,000 prize money
- Invited to submit an article to a Society-owned publication
- A trophy
Nominations will first be considered by the Training Theme Panel and Education, Training and Public Engagement Committee and the final decision will be ratified by the Awards Committee.
For full details on how to submit an award nomination please click here
- 2020: Jo Rushworth (De Montfort University, UK)
- 2019: Luciane Vieira de Mello
- 2018: Dee Scadden