Discounted membership of the Royal Society of Biology for Biochemical Society members
The Biochemical Society’s close partnership with the Royal Society of Biology (RSB) means that the following member categories can benefit from a 50% discount for their first two years of individual RSB membership. Please see below:
- Early Career – 50% discount
- Full Membership – 50% discount
- Emeritus Membership– 50% discount
The RSB is a single unified voice for biology: advising Government and influencing policy; advancing education and professional development; supporting members, and engaging and encouraging public interest in the life sciences. The RSB represents a diverse membership of individuals, learned societies and other organisations
RSB members proactively support the future of biology in the UK, and receive a range of benefits including:
- A free copy of The Biologist, their bimonthly magazine, covering the full richness and diversity of biology
- Exclusive access to their credits-based CPD programme, enhanced by discounts of up to 50% on RSB training events on a wide range of subjects suitable for all levels of interest and expertise
- Access to professional registers, which enhance the recognition, status and employability of members
- Eligibility to use post-nominal letters to demonstrate their status as a professional biologist (AMRSB, MRSB or FRSB for qualifying associate members, full members and Fellows) – with membership also open to students and interested amateurs
- Informative monthly newsletters to help keep you up to date on developments, events and other key issues
- Professional networking opportunities via local and national Royal Society of Biology events
- Individual opportunities to input to ongoing consultations and help shape the future of biology.
If you would like to find out more about membership (and to ensure *you receive the two-year 50% discount) please email Mark Leach, the RSB Head of Membership with a copy of your CV (or a brief career and education summary with dates) quoting your Biochemical Society membership number.
Royal Society of Biology Schools and Colleges Affiliation Scheme (SCAS)
Schools and Colleges are able to become members of the Royal Society of Biology through SCAS membership, which is specifically designed to be both accessible and affordable, providing a wide range of benefits to staff and students.
- Subscription to the Journal of Biological Education – our international quarterly journal featuring the latest research into biology teaching, learning and assessment.
- Subscription of The Biologist – the RSB membership magazine. Published six times a year, this is an excellent source of classroom material.
- All pupils aged 14 – 19 are eligible to register for free BioNet membership – providing online access to The Biologist, a number of interesting emailed articles and competitions.
- All staff receive a 30% discount on individual RSB membership – providing access to post nominal letters, professional registers (including Chartered Science Teacher – CSciTeach), our CPD scheme, significantly discounted training courses, invitations to a range of events and a subscription to The Biologist.
UK Schools annual fee: £60
Overseas Schools annual fee: £110
To become a SCAS member please contact us including the name and address of your school or college.