Salary: To be discussed dependant on experience
Contract type: Permanent
We invite you to bring your expertise of regulatory affairs, including European regulations governing product safety and stewardship into play as you support organisations around the world bring to the market products in a range of uses that meet relevant requirements and are safe for human health and the environment. To succeed in this role, you must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of regulatory affairs and a passion for your subject. Are you our new Product Safety Regulatory Consultant/Toxicologist? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
You will join our Health Sciences department
As our new Product Safety Regulatory Consultant/Toxicologist, you will be part of an established team of Product Safety and Stewardship specialists, delivering key knowledge to a range of Ramboll projects. Our regulatory scientists characterise and effectively communicate the potential risks from chemicals and product uses and identify options for safe, state-of-the-science stewardship. Our successful global track record includes evaluations and stewardship for chemical producers, food and food packaging, building materials, toys, cosmetics, aerospace manufacturing, medical device and electronic device manufacturing, and pesticides/biocides. Our Leeds office is based in the heart of the busy city centre, easily accessible by car or train. Ramboll operates a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting global team of experts (scientists, economists and regulatory specialists), who respect each other and work towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Providing technical support to clients for product regulatory compliance and stewardship, particularly, but not only, in the UK and EU
- Carrying out technical evaluations and risk assessments in a regulatory and product stewardship context (e.g. in support of product registrations and notifications, evaluation and authorisations as well as emerging policy)
- Supporting project management and existing client relationships
- Responding to client requests for support and helping to develop new opportunities
- Support members of your project team and colleagues with any project issues they may encounter and in providing advice to clients
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the current and future regulatory landscape, attending conferences to keeping up to date with developments in the appropriate laws and guidance
- Provide support to business development activities by providing industry expertise when needed during visits to clients, through discussion and responses to new project briefs and administration.
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Strong academic background with, as a minimum, a relevant science-based degree (e.g. biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology)
- You may also have a further degree in a relevant subject and/or relevant professional experience or qualifications (e.g. toxicology)
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory affairs, especially European regulations governing product safety and stewardship, ideally with demonstratable experience as a regulatory specialist in industry or consultancy
- Prior experience of, or evidence of a strong interest in, product regulatory affairs and stewardship, and an understanding of chemistry, biochemistry, toxicology, and exposure assessment as they relate to risk assessment
- Knowledge of EU regulatory requirements (e.g. REACH, Biocides, Cosmetics) and/or global regulatory requirements an advantage
- Strong skills in project management.
- Experience with REACH IT, IUCLID 6 and human exposure models (e.g. Chesar) an advantage.
- IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Being a self-starter, with an entrepreneurial mentality, multidisciplinary background, good analytical abilities, and professional demeanour. Having excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well within and contribute to a team, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and a flexible outlook. Fluent in English, but other EU languages will be a key asset. Ability to work dynamically with other teams within Ramboll as well as your own.
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,500 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
How to apply
Apply online via the button below. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Application deadline: 28th February 2021