Contract type: Permanent
At Vernalis, we develop and apply fragment and structure-based methods to solve problems in drug discovery and generate development candidates against targets in oncology, neurodegeneration, anti-infectives and inflammation.
We now have a new opportunity for a full time Assay Scientist with a good understanding of biochemical and/or biophysical assays applied to compound screening to join our team in Cambridge.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team, your role will be to provide practical laboratory-based support with biochemical assay development, medium throughput screening and mechanistic studies for small molecules, using a range of assay technologies and formats.
About the candidate
You will hold a BSc or PhD in a relevant biological science and have industrial experience in a similar role developing and optimising medium throughput biochemical / biophysical assays, as well as routine screening.
In addition, you will have:
- A methodical and precise aptitude within the lab with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a confident presenter.
- An ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Good organisation skills and proactively plan work whilst remaining flexible and responsive to tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Strong IT and data analysis skills (e.g. Excel, Abase, Dotmatics)
- A team mentality, sharing and exchanging information and ideas openly.
- An active awareness of new and developing technologies
We offer talented and motivated individuals’ excellent opportunities to develop their career within a creative and supportive team environment. Plus, a benefits package that includes a competitive salary (in line with qualifications and experience), bonus, pension, private medical cover and life assurance.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the need for sponsorship.
Find out more about us please visit our website >
To apply, send your CV and covering email highlighting your current salary and expectations to our HR department >
Application deadline: 09/04/2021