Our Harden Bursaries help students and scientists in the early stage of their career attend Harden Conferences, our residential research conference series focusing on specific specialist topics.
The Bursaries can, at the awardees discretion, help to cover the cost of registration, accommodation or travel.
Key grant details
To be eligible to apply:
- You must be a member of the Biochemical Society (or co-organizing Society, if applicable). If you are not a member, join today.
- Harden Bursaries are available for graduate students and those who gained their PhD in the last 5 years. Due to limited numbers, preference is given to senior graduate students.
- You must submit an abstract to the conference.
- Harden Bursaries are are often over-subscribed, and many applications are not accepted. Please do not make travel arrangements until you have been informed, in writing, that your application has been accepted.
- The exact value of Harden Bursaries and the criteria for which it can be spent varies for each Conference.
How to apply
The option to apply for a Harden bursary is within the abstract submission process.
Please note: abstract submission does not count as registration. You will need to register and pay for the conference separately.
General Travel Grants are available to members of the Society wishing to attend any conference, including Harden conferences.
For further information please contact the events team.