Raising your professional profile
How do you raise your professional profile? There are many ways, and we will discuss a few of them in our free webinar, part of our dedicated ECR webinar series.
During this session we will hear from four different panellists who will share their experiences and will provide their advice on how you can raise your professional profile. The areas discussed will include:
- Ideas for creating networking opportunities to raise personal profile such as presenting work at conferences/organisations, that might further give way to collaborations.
- Getting involved in organising events within your field to further raise your personal profile and gain recognition.
- Seeking opportunities and volunteering for mentoring/work experience schemes to allow you find alternative options and routes in other career paths such as industry, communications, editorial etc.
The webinar will be chaired by Professor Sheila Graham from the University of Glasgow, and Chair of the Biochemical Society, and we will welcome the following panellists:
- Dr Dominic Tisi, Director (Molecular Sciences) at Astex Pharmaceuticals, and industry member of the Biochemical Society’s Research Area II Committee for Molecular structure and function.
- Dr Helen Watson, from Plymouth University, and Chair of the Biochemical Society’s Education Committee.
- Dr Robbie Baldock, from Solent University, member of the Biochemical Society’s Research Area I Committee for Genes and he is part of the early career researcher publishing taskforce for Portland Press.
Join us on Wednesday 2 June at 14:00 (BST) for this free webinar.